Sunday, May 18, 2008

A question to NASA regarding 'live' video from outer space, or lack thereof, I thought you might like...

I thought you might get a 'kick' out of this question I posed to NASA on its website - regardless of all else and for whatever such might be worth. To date, there has been no response from NASA on the matter.

On March 26, 2008, I wrote to NASA on its website:

NASA,
As a child I remember often seeing 'live' video feeds from your missions and crafts orbiting in space. Those video feeds, as I recall, often panned the depths of space. I am curious, why are there no longer any 'live' [real time] video feeds showing the recesses of outer space - as opposed to your current-day 'live' video feeds typically showing only the interior of your spacecraft or merely of the earth in the background [or always on some sort of taped-delay]? As an American taxpayer and a US citizen, I ask, is the nation not entitled to see what you see? Please let me know your thoughts on this issue. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Adam Trotter

Blog entry post-script: Bracketed terms ([...]) were not part of the original note to NASA.

See follow-on entry:
Apollo 11 Videos: Lunar Landing and Lunar ‘First Steps’